Followers

Friday 4 October 2019

October, silver skies...

...lets you suspect summer is not far, still very dry.
made some pictures from the driveway/butterfly garden.



Bulbs are tough and have their resources stored within.



Heliconia "Christmas" has reached its final stage of flowering.




Old style Gerbera, beautiful and tough as old boots. The new hybrids I planted were not successful in these conditions here. These white ones grow and flower for many years.




Native Syzygium Wilsonii has no problems either. Always look forward to its glorious powder puffs. I grow many of these in my bush garden.




A view into the bush garden

I too am an Epicurean. Epicurus doctrines contain everything rational in moral philosophy which Greece has left us.




I see you soon....

Orchids in spring. 
Dendrobium species.



Dendrobium aphyllum; there is a detailed article  by Suresh Kalyanpur, 
The Orchid Society of Karnataka.




All my Dendrobium orchids are growing on trees.










See you another day....

and at random...

Laelia flowered in July.



Frederic is still around and as cheeky as ever.






I love to see the bees getting pollen and

 nectar from my roses.






Soft evening sky; waiting for rain.





A very tame King Parrot visits and demands food.




Geraniums are always a good staple to provide colour.



Life begins the day you start a garden. – Chinese proverb

See you next month again.


Text, Photos, mygarden Ts



No comments:

Post a Comment