Followers

Saturday 10 August 2019

Bravo Augustus...

August, last weeks of winter.  The days are stretching towards spring, full of promises  for longer and warmer days. Firstly with the strongly scented Jonquils Earlycheer. They are around for a short while and then disappear again for a whole year without much ado.





Organic mushrooms are sold in small cardboardboxes which I can recycle  to collect vegetables in my garden, like sugarpeas, small zucchinis and cherry tomatoes. I like them so much better than plastic. When they are deteriorating I can compost them.





I have harvested the last Mandarins and Oranges.  I have made some Marmalade and must make a few glasses more; Quick and easy in the Thermomix.

In the time of abundance of Oranges I like to use them in cakes as well. Like the spanish Almond and Orange cake. You cook 2 oranges until soft and mix the pulp inclusive rind with ground Amonds, sugar  and eggs. No flour. It is rich and delicious.  
I like also a very easy, simple one made with 3 eggs,  100g butter, 120g sugar 1 big orange,  juice,
130g self rising flour. The batter is very wet but rises beautifully 180 C until baked, test with a skewer around  45 minutes.
A similar one but with added ground walnuts. I never use as much sugar as stated in the recipes as it would be to sweet for me.


This is the simple one without added nuts.

Cooking should always be done with love and time and aticipation of something tasty.  
I love to cook. I always cook from scratch, love to go into the vegetable garden to collect fresh vegetabeles. 😉
My favourites to cook are Moussaka, and Lasagna and so much more.

...and aren't we all moved by light? Alumine motus.



Tempus breve est. 

Although sundials date back to around 3500 BC, the mottos on them didn’t begin showing up until hundreds of years later, in the 16th century. It isn’t exactly known how this tradition first started, but seeing as how sundial makers spent such a great deal of their lives devoted to time and timekeeping, it’s only natural that their feelings about the topic would eventually influence the design of their art.

In the Kitchengarden. 14/08/2019



Neighbours Nasturtium find their way into my garden. I do not mind, I enjoy the flowers and then I use them in my herb salt, tiny colourful spots.





A very healthy looking Potato plant.





I love Fennel, such a wonderful tasting vegetable. These are the bulbs not the herb.





Beetroot is very tasty as salad or as vegetable.




Bees love this ancient China rose "Old Blush" two bees are burying deep into the flower to get the pollen and the nectar.









Love the lanky, tall growing old French Rose "Jeanne Ducher."

Les roses sont sublime.

Sometimes we find brittle, faded pressed rose petals between the pages of a book, as a lovely surprise,  wondering who has put the rose between the pages.



Bye, bye Augustus, it was great to see you.

Top, African daisies love the sun and will flower for a  while, Old french rose General Galieni will grow and flower into summer until it is getting to uncomfortable and then will sleep and wait ...




All photos, texts, mygarden, Lavender&Vanilla Ts

No comments:

Post a Comment