Followers

Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Daylillies in the Summergarden;

Beloved deceiver;  Salter 1996; this daylily grows and flowers very well in my garden, zone 11, scape 24" flower 4.5" evergreen, Tetraploid.

♥
Up into the cherry tree 
Who should climb but little me? 
I held the trunk with both my hands 
And looked abroad in foreign lands. 




 Miniature Hoot; Blith Australia 
A lovely salmon-pink with darker veining. Apple green throat. Lovely form, vigorous and hardy.


♥
That I had never seen before. 
I saw the next door garden lie, 
Adorned with flowers, before my eye, 
And many pleasant places more 



Cindy's eye; Salter 1994, 30" 6" blooms semi evergreen, does grow and bloom very well.
♥
I saw the dimpling river pass 
And be the sky's blue looking-glass; 
The dusty roads go up and down 
With people tramping in to town. 




I have received this one as a gift, can not recall its name. The flowers look stunning, semi evergreen, very tall and vigorous.

♥
If  I could find a higher tree 
Farther and farther I should see, 
To where the grown-up river slips 
Into the sea among the ships, 



Beloved deceiver; growing in the herb garden.

♥

To where the road on either hand 
Lead onward into fairy land, 
Where all the children dine at five, 
And all the playthings come alive. 
Robert Louis Stevenson


Ash Rosy; NUNAN - 1997 - DIP - 6" - EVERGREEN - 26" - EM - RE Australian cultivar. Blend of pink & purple, large ashes of roses watermark. Continuous blooming.

♥


Marilyn Siwik; David Kirchhoff  1994 new in my garden.

♥

Spacecoast passion released; (Kinnebrew,  2002) new in my garden.
6”, ev, , TET – wide and trimmed with metallic lace.  Scapes are 30”, 
♥

Steve Trimmer;  Trimmer 1999; 5.25" blooms semievergreen, Tetraploid,  good branching on tall sturdy scapes,  good budcount and sets seed easily.

♥


A few of my daylilies. The garden is very dry and some are much later as I do not water all of them. Or only occasionally when they are very stressed. 













Believe it or not: “There's place and means for every man alive.”
-William Shakespeare 









2 comments: