Followers

Monday 13 December 2010

frou...frou...

Hemerocallis Spider Daylily "Christmas tidings" sets the scene for Xmas in the garden.
Please click the pictures;

Hibiscus, the huge red flowers are the epitome of rustling silk.

Brugmansia hybrid

Angels' trumpets

Brugmansia is named after Sebald Justin Brugmans 1763-1819. The genus Brugmansia belongs to the nightshade,Solanaceae family which includes tomatoes, potatoes, tobacco, many kinds of peppers, eggplant, and also includes Datura, petunia, nicotiana, solanum, physalis (Chinese lantern) and other ornamentals. Brugmansia is native to South America, particularly the Andes, where they grow on sloping terrain under damp conditions.

These striking plants produce flowers that perfume the night air with their exotic fragrance. All parts of Brugmansia are toxic when ingested.


Hemerocallis, "Old Tangiers", lets you dream of times gone by.....

Pristine white Gardenia perfuming the whole garden, free of charge.

Hemerocallis, "Night Embers" dark and capricious...

Alpinia zerumbet, dwarf, variegated Shell ginger.

Want to know more please click here


Tea rose "Bewitched" looks and scent, a beauty;


Dance with the wind in your rustling silk...

Believe it or not:
A life without love is like a year without summer. ~Swedish Proverb

Photos from my garden TS

15 comments:

  1. I love the idea of Christmas in the garden. :)) My gardens are covered in snow but yours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blooms! I just love, love your White Gardenias ... and that 'Christmas Tidings' Hemerocallis.

    I'm still waiting on my variegated Ginger to flower ... so it was lovely seeing yours in bloom. It is such a pretty spray of flowers. It looks like your garden will be looking terrific over the Christmas break. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flowers and your lovely words. For your second language tou are terrific. I have a gardenia but it doesn't have any perfume, would you know why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How wonderful to have such blooms at Christmas time! The shell gingers and daylilies never bloom in December here where I live. Love that hibiscus! Is that 'Pink Versicolor'? (one of my all-time fave flowers)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, so beautiful pictures of this flower.. very colourful..

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all just lovely! The gardenia's are a favorite; must try them again! Your garden is beautiful for Christmas...what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful alpina flower ;-D Free of charge perfume is wonderful he he...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all, for the comments.
    diane, I have never heard of Gardenia without scent, I wonder too!
    Floridagirl, you are right it is H. versicolour, I love it too, always in flower, so simple and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Titania! I love all your flowers, which are not known in my country and cannot grow here. My daughter has a lot of those plants on her land in Cooktown. I cannot call it a garden, for it's part of the rainforest and not cultivated like yours. Thank you so much for sharing. Thank you for your visit to my cold country. Have a great X-mas time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers of the tropics...
    But a few will grow in my garden in Canada as well.
    Thank you for your comment!
    Eine frohe Adventszeit wünsche ich Dir,
    Gisela.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Titania! They are fantastic beauties, I enjoy all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pięknie u Ciebie, tak kwitnąco i ciepło :)
    Hemerocallis to moje ukochane kwiaty, mam sporą kolekcję. Pozdrawiam serdecznie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Titania, It is always a great pleasure watching various flowers from your garden, so beaitiful and colorful. I am so happy to say that I too have Angels' trumpets in my flower pot.:-) It is now in my shed where I put it to protect it from winter cold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Each time I see all your wonderful blooms I just want to sit down and chat with you about each and every one of them...after you've introduced me to them in person, of course :) But since we're so far apart, this is the next best thing!
    How wonderful to have Daylilies blooming at Christmas! I especially love 'Christmas Tidings'. I'm imagining the scent of the beautiful Camelias and Ginger. How I would love to grow both. And roses like yours...and Brugmansia with those huge, perfumed blooms, and the wonderful Hibiscus...well, you know...all of them. Thank you for brightening my snowy, chilly morning (7ºF/-13ºC) with you glorious colours.
    Wishing you a joyful Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year, dear Trudi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liebe Trudi
    eine Hemerocallis die um die Weihnachtszeit blüht und erst noch einen weihnächtlichen Namen trägt....was es nicht alles gibt. Es ist eine Freude Sommer, Farbe bei dir im Garten aufzutanken....schade, dass das Internet noch ohne Duft ist :-) !!
    Es liebs Grüessli,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete